Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

28.7.06

adler newbies

Giant Bjorn

allison at jonathan adler was kind enough to send over these images of some gorgeous new adler ceramics that i've been lusting over. the lattice urn and the giant bjorn are perfect examples of what adler does well- really lovely shapes combined with the perfect amount of subtle pattern. if i had a bit more pocket change i'd love to snatch a few of these, but for now i'll be saving my pennies for the giant bjorn. i think just about any flowers you put in it would look stunning. but of course, it would look just as stunning on it's own. you can snag the giant bjorn for $250 right here and the lattice urn (in s/m/l) for $88-$198 right here (each size has a diff pattern). enjoy!

Lattice_medium

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fan of J.A. for some time these amazing vases come as no surprise. He's a master in his field! I'll be buying all 3 lattice urns immidiately!!! Jonathan's "Happy Chic" philosphy is something I've taken to heart. It's nice to have a designer who isn't so stuffy and serious all the time. I'm on his website (www.jonathanadler.com) everyday trying to figure out where I could put all of his pieces in my home.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also a huge fan! I collect white vases (prob. due to the influence of Adler) and I love the huge variety of shapes he comes up with.

I have the little bjorn vase and I use it all the time. It's the perfect size for a bouquet. And, I just got the small lattice vase for my mom's birthday. I put white spider mums in it and it looked incredible.

On a separate note:
I just got the new West Elm catalog and I'm so happy to see that they've taken a lot of the Jonathan Adler rip-offs out of their line. I hope they'll keep it that way.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I love the JA platinum.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, I can't be the only who admires all the pottery and vases in the West Elm catalogs that AREN"T for sale... I think they've used J.Adler stuff before, but that can't be their only source. Does anyone know how to track down the credits/sources? I'm especially keen on the smallish black vase featured throughout the Fall 06 catalog; it swells in the middle and tapers at the top, and has a dotted relief pattern. (I thought it might be J. Adler, but I didn't see it on the website.)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.