Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

27.12.05

lorely furniture

domino13

i've been somewhat obsessing over nyc designer, laura yaggy's python print "duncan" table ever since it was on the cover of december's domino. perfectly petite and wonderfully decorative with its cute python print, duncan is a great example of yaggy's work. yaggy's company, lorely furniture currently has 11 pieces, most of which are various forms of tables (console, side, coffee...) available in a number of decorative finishes. i think her refined style lends itself best to classic lacquer finishes, but for those looking for something with a bit more punch, her pieces also come in faux lizard print, python and tortoise. you can find more information on lorely's collection right here. enjoy!

[update: after talking with friends and thinking about it some more by myself, i want to clarify that i'd love this table in a faux python print. i thought it was faux, but apparently it's not. so, hooray to faux but i'll pass on the real stuff...]

eleanora

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry - but i think this table is pretty tacky & gross. snake skin on a table?

2:13 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

i love it. i think the python next to an antique couch would look smashing. especially topped with a julep vase full of bright red flowers (like the domino cover).

the pattern just pops for me (although not the price, ouch!) and reminds me to incorporate more patterns into my home.

ah, to each his own :)

d*s

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with D*S here, I think the python looks fab. Although, if it's real I think it might give me the creeps. But that pattern looks fab in the photo from the magazine. So chic!

Reminds me I need to pick up the new Domino! (My November issue is crumbling from so many folded pages)

Sally, TX

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have an antique python coffee table (circa 19th century) mixed in with really neutral colors and it looked gorgeous. My husband wasn't crazy about the snake skin, but loved the pattern. It's such a nice juxtaposition to a simple room.

Meredith

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this has potential to be amazing but in a more neutral tone.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the pattern isn't what turns me off about this table, it's the shape and proportions. For being such a prodigy, her stuff doesn't really sing.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but those snakes need the skin a whole lot more than we do. How barbaric and cruel. There are a plethora of better and more human materials to use for tables. No offense to those of you who like it... I did look at it and think about it but I just can't get over that it is an innocent animal's flesh... Nothing stylish or trendy about skinning something.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened to see a knock off of the red table already … interesting.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.